Department Heads manage departments. They guide, monitor, recruit, train, and coordinate staff. Department heads collaborate with other colleagues to analyze operations and conduct research. They also complete administrative tasks and ensure smooth daily operations.
When interviewing Department Heads, the most suitable candidates should be well-organized leaders with multitasking abilities. Be wary of those who lack confidence, energy, and good communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Department Heads:
1. What would you consider your best leadership characteristics?
Tests leadership skills and level of experience.
2. Describe a time when you had to address poor performance. How did this go?
Tests interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to remain professional.
3. Can you explain how you go about prioritizing tasks?
Test time management, planning, and logical thinking skills.
4. Describe a plan you implemented that failed. What did you learn?
Reveals level of accountability and willingness to learn from mistakes.
5. What are the most important qualities a Department Head should have?
Reveals in-depth knowledge of the position and overall suitability for the role.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources