Construction Accountant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced construction accountant to join our company. In this role, you'll be responsible for managing the accounts of various construction projects by creating detailed budgets, overseeing supplier contracts, evaluating production costs, and verifying invoice statements.
To ensure success as a construction accountant, you should display excellent business acumen and the ability to minimize production costs through efficient accounting. Ultimately, a top-notch construction accountant is an analytical and detail-oriented individual with a high level of financial accuracy.
Construction Accountant Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the project manager to develop a detailed, cost-effective budget for the project.
- Performing accounting duties throughout the project, such as preparing invoices, estimating cash flow, and signing off on purchase orders.
- Analyzing all transactions and working unforeseen costs into the budget.
- Keeping a record of all project finances for internal/external auditing and tax purposes.
- Preparing cost analyses by interpreting projects' financial data and information.
- Reporting any financial risks and budgetary discrepancies to management for review.
- Researching market trends and projecting construction-related price increases/decreases.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Keeping abreast with both the construction and accounting industry.
Construction Accountant Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- A certification in construction accounting is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 year's experience in private or public accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of construction cost accounting and related financial procedures.
- Familiarity with accounting software, such as QuickBooks and NetSuite.
- Working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Solid analytical and mathematical skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.