Collection Associates assist businesses to recover overdue payments from debtors. They contact debtors by telephone, enact debt recovery plans, and send statements of satisfied or delinquent debts to the Credit Bureau. They also refer customers to debt counselors.
When interviewing Collection Associates, look for candidates with a sound understanding of best practices in debt collection and the ability to work under pressure. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of debt management and those who lack negotiation skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Collection Associates:
1. Can you tell me about a debt recovery plan that you successfully enacted?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and knowledge of best practices in debt recovery.
2. How would you go about compiling a manageable debt recovery plan?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of debt recovery strategies that prevent future delinquency.
3. What have you found is the best point of departure to locate elusive debtors?
Assesses the candidate's experience and their knowledge of publicly-available databases and records.
4. How would you respond to a debtor who acts evasively about payments?
Reveals the candidate's experience, as well as their problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
5. Which debt collection software would you recommend? Why?
Highlights the candidate's experience and proficiency in debt collection software.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources