Certified Ethical Hackers are cybersecurity engineers who use their hacking skills to assess the vulnerability of a company’s computer system. They conduct penetration tests on the system, record flaws or breaches, and recommend system upgrades.
When interviewing Certified Ethical Hackers, the ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of networking systems, the ability to see big-picture system integration, and good communication skills. Be wary of candidates with poor report writing skills and those who are not comfortable signing confidentiality agreements.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Certified Ethical Hackers:
1. What skills do you think Certified Ethical Hackers need to be successful?
Reveals an understanding of the role and highlights the candidate’s skills.
2. What techniques do you use to find obvious weaknesses in a security system?
Reveals knowledge of proven hacking procedures.
3. How would you ensure that you have tried all possible options to hack into a system?
Highlights the candidate’s analytical skills.
4. Have you ever failed to find a security weakness? Why do you think you were unable to find any weaknesses?
Reveals honesty and possible gaps in knowledge.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you successfully breached an advanced system for a major technology company?
Reveals the extent of the candidate’s skills and highlights previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources