Cardiologists provide medical care to adult patients who suffer from heart and/or cardiovascular disease. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing, treating, and preventing heart and/or cardiovascular conditions through non-invasive procedures or, when necessary, surgical intervention, in order to provide the best care to their patients.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Cardiologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a board-certified Cardiologist to join our team of medical professionals. You will work with patients to provide a full range of heart and cardiovascular services and treatments. You will perform various tests, make diagnoses, provide treatment plans and options, and work with other physicians and surgeons to treat patients’ heart and/or cardiovascular disorders.
To be successful as a Cardiologist you will need to make important decisions regarding your patients' care and be emotionally resilient in challenging medical situations. The ability to work and collaborate with others, in a complex and diverse environment, is also a necessity.
- Consulting with patients to understand their symptoms and health concerns.
- Prescribing tests, treatments, and/or surgery, when necessary.
- Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Performing tests, when needed, to check the health of patients' hearts and/or cardiovascular systems.
- Interpreting test results to determine how effectively the heart and/or cardiovascular system is functioning.
- Using medical imaging equipment, such as CT and MRI scanners, to diagnose and treat heart and/or cardiovascular conditions.
- Assisting and/or performing surgery which may include complex surgical interventions that require a team of medical professionals.
- Prescribing medication to treat heart and/or cardiovascular disease.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Training and providing educational support to junior staff, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- 3 to 7 years’ internship and clinical residency training, specializing in cardiology.
- Successful completion of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
- Certification by The American Board of Internal Medicine in cardiology and/or a sub specialty, such as cardiovascular disease, or interventional cardiology.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding hand-eye coordination.
- Wonderful bedside manner.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Flexible working hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources