The Assistant General Manager (AGM) helps the General Manager to ensure that day to day business operations run smoothly. The Assistant Manager will draw up weekly schedules, order merchandise, and assist the General Manager with training, recruiting, promotions and planning.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Assistant General Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Assistant General Manager to help the General Manager in directing daily business operations. The Assistant General Manager should be experienced in a supervisory role, and be able to confidently deliver performance feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate business objectives. The AGM must be able to competently perform duties in the absence of the General Manager.
To be a successful Assistant General Manager, you should eagerly participate in educational and training opportunities. The AGM must be able to motivate and positively influence staff, especially during times of low morale. A top candidate for this position must have strong leadership and organizational skills. The AGM should be firm, but also approachable.
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Cooperating with the General Manager, and assisting with anything from project planning to staff management.
- Nurturing positive working relationships with staff.
- Delegating daily tasks.
- Addressing any issues in a timely fashion.
- Supervising staff and controlling merchandise.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are followed.
- Setting a good example for staff.
Assistant General Manager Requirements:
- Degree in business administration or similar.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good observation skills.
- An ability to deliver constructive criticism.
- Computer literate and basic Math skills.
- An ability to identify weaknesses and provide coaching where necessary.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources