Assistant Finance Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an assistant finance manager with excellent administrative and analytical financial skills to join our team. Assistant finance managers are expected to examine and compile financial reports and be well acquainted with governmental regulations.
To ensure success, assistant finance managers should be very detail-oriented and be problem-solvers. They must also have strong mathematical and report writing skills. Be wary of candidates who lack an investigative nature.
Assistant Finance Managers Responsibilities:
- Taking responsibility for the planning and execution of financial duties and projects of a company.
- Preparing financial statements, reports, and forecasts for the business to ensure financial stability.
- Drafting budgets, income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and reports required by regulatory authorities.
- Managing the risks involved in the financial activities of the business.
- Estimating short and long-term financial objectives by setting performance targets.
- Compiling financial reports and supervising month-end processes.
- Drafting procurement processes and signing off on purchase orders.
- Managing and monitoring metrics, KPI tracking, and reports for the financial department.
- Evaluate the financial performance of the organization and measure returns on investments.
- Providing training to staff members regarding financial processes.
Assistant Finance Manager Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Accreditation from the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
- 5 years of experience in a senior financial position.
- A good understanding of financial management obligations, especially statutory obligations and requirements.
- Be an analytical thinker with strong investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in financial planning software such as Microsoft Excel and SAP.
- The ability to work independently.