Administrative Coordinators serve as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments, and external parties, including vendors, lenders, and customers. They handle clerical and administrative duties, analyze and improve office processes and policies, and ensure that the office operates smoothly.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Administrative Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized, analytical Administrative Coordinator with exceptional communication and problem solving skills handle office duties and analyze and optimize office operations. The Administrative Coordinator will answer and route calls, guide visitors to the appropriate parties, field interdepartmental communications, and perform office tasks, including answering emails, delivering or responding to mailings, and maintaining employee and customer records. You will also analyze office processes and policies, develop creative solutions to problems, answer questions, and take part in financial planning and decision making.
To succeed as an Administrative Coordinator, you should be committed to providing attentive support for internal and external parties and ensuring consistent, efficient operations. You should be courteous, analytical, proactive, and organized.
Administrative Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Hiring, supervising, and evaluating staff members.
- Delegating tasks and ensuring that they are completed in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Greeting and directing visitors to the appropriate parties.
- Handling basic office duties, such as answering and routing phones, responding to emails, maintaining employee, financial, and client records, and data entry and reporting.
- Answering questions and finding information for employees, vendors, clients, and lenders.
- Supporting employees by facilitating interdepartmental communications and interactions between internal and external parties.
- Ensuring that the office is well-maintained, organized, and secure.
- Assisting with special projects, such as process improvements and budget development.
- Developing and implementing new policies and processes.
Administrative Coordinator Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, degree may be preferred.
- Experience in administrative support field.
- Professional appearance and courteous manner.
- Clear, polite phone voice.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with office technology and equipment, including fax machines, printers, copiers, scanners, and computers.
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Strong task and time management skills.
- Basic math skills and understanding of basic financial concepts.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources