An Actuary uses mathematics, computer science, and statistics to assess the risks associated with certain events and helps companies plan for or reduce the financial repercussions should these events occur. These professionals may also be known as Actuarial Analysts.
Actuary Job Description Template
We are searching for an analytical Actuary who can interpret complex mathematical information and communicate it to others. The duties of an Actuary vary by industry, but generally include collecting information and using computer programs to assess the risks and costs associated with specific events in order to minimize their effects on businesses or clients. The Actuary will also present these findings to other parties and often influences major financial decisions.
To succeed as an Actuary, you should be committed to thoroughly assessing and communicating the potential risks of actions to companies and clients. You should be objective, detail-oriented, accurate, and efficient with excellent communication skills.
- Collecting and evaluating information to determine the potential risks of certain events and their financial impact on businesses or individuals.
- Using computer programs to compile and analyze data and create models, graphs, tables, and reports that display findings.
- Preparing reports for managers, stakeholders, clients, or other parties.
- Presenting and communicating complex statistical and mathematical information to others.
- Developing and refining strategies that minimize risk and costs to others.
- Other duties, which may vary according to industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience may be preferred or required.
- Additional certifications and training may be required.
- Extensive knowledge of mathematics, statistics, computer science, and calculus.
- Familiarity with specific industries, such as finance or insurance, may be beneficial.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with computer software and modelling programs.
Similar Job Descriptions