Validation engineers test equipment, procedures, and products in the manufacturing industry. They develop and implement quality control procedures, monitor equipment, and analyze test data. Depending on their area of specialization, they may be employed in aerospace, automotive, biotechnology, computer software, or pharmaceutical industries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Validation Engineer Job Description Template
We are seeking a results-oriented validation engineer to optimize our quality control procedures. You will be evaluating manufacturing processes, overseeing the calibration of equipment, and performing validation tests to ensure compliance with industry standards.
To ensure success as a validation engineer, you should exhibit specialized industry knowledge and experience in a related industry. An accomplished validation engineer will be someone whose expertise translates into efficient quality control procedures.
Validation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Measuring production processes and parameters against industry standards.
- Establishing validation standards and developing performance testing and quality control measures.
- Calibrating equipment to function within acceptable parameters.
- Developing test procedures that produce analyzable validation data.
- Analyzing test data to determine the causes of defects, failure, or flaws and facilitating corrective measures.
- Performing risk assessments and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
- Conducting preventative maintenance, as well as repairing or replacing equipment.
- Presenting validation test results and recommending improvements.
- Training staff on validation parameters, overseeing validation technicians, and documenting processes.
- Keeping informed of developments and innovation in validation engineering.
Validation Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field of specialization.
- At least two years' experience as a validation engineer in a similar industry.
- Extensive experience in equipment calibration, performance testing, and quality control.
- Advanced proficiency in data analysis tools and project management software.
- In-depth knowledge of production processes, parameters, and standards.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to ensure compliance to industry regulations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources