Stock controllers perform inventory management to ensure the constant availability of stock. They evaluate supply chain data, place orders to replenish stock, and oversee the storage and transfer of stock.
When interviewing stock controllers, look for candidates who demonstrate sound industry knowledge and the ability to optimize stock control operations. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of inventory management software and those with poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Stock Controllers:
1. Which steps do you recommend to streamline storage operations?
Assesses the candidate's industry knowledge, as well as their ability to prevent delays in stock availability.
2. What inventory management software do you use and why would you recommend it?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and competency in industry-related software.
3. Can you tell me what data you analyze to ensure the availability of stock?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge and their ability to ensure the uninterrupted availability of stock, as well as preventing overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS).
4. What is your approach to performing inventory audits?
Evaluates the candidate's industry experience, as well as their ability to identify and resolve discrepancies with purchasing orders, stock levels, stock transfers, and payments.
5. Can you describe a time when your intervention prevented a stock shortage?
Highlights the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their ability to evaluate and optimize stock control operations.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources