Interview Questions for Sewing Machine Operators:
1. How would you mend a tear on a tight-fitting shirt?
Reveals technical and problem-solving skills.
2. Which fabrics are ideal for creating sofa covers?
Assesses the ability to select appropriate materials based on functionality.
3. How would you create clothing that suits the needs of wheelchair users?
Tests the ability to create practical garments without sacrificing individuality.
4. What would you do if a customer insisted on a size that was much too small?
Examines the ability to be sensitive and respectful when discussing clothing requirements.
5. Where would you derive inspiration from?
Demonstrates an interest in seamstress work, plus the ability to research and create original pieces.