Scheduling Coordinators work in a variety of corporate settings and manage the calendars and agendas of key personnel. They arrange appointments, book venues for scheduled meetings, and make travel arrangements. They may also keep stakeholders informed of project timelines and deadlines.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Scheduling Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly organized Scheduling Coordinator to coordinate the calendar of one of our senior managers. In this role, you will be setting up appointments, managing travel bookings, and informing participants of rescheduled or canceled meetings in a timeous manner.
To ensure success, Scheduling Coordinators should possess solid knowledge of scheduling practices and demonstrable experience in a similar role. A first-class Scheduling Coordinator will be someone who takes proactive steps to initiate seamless scheduling processes.
Scheduling Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and updating schedules, calendars, and agendas.
- Verifying the availability of inhouse and external participants for planned meetings.
- Confirming appointments and arranging meeting venues.
- Sending out reminders of scheduled meetings.
- Rescheduling or canceling meetings in a timeous manner.
- Managing and confirming travel bookings and arrangements.
- Keeping stakeholders informed of project timelines and associated deadlines.
- Answering scheduling queries via email and phone.
- Documenting scheduling processes and keeping records.
- Performing other administrative tasks when required.
Scheduling Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or in an industry-related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a similar role.
- Advanced proficiency in scheduling software, such as Synchroteam and BookStream.
- Extensive experience with office software, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Advanced knowledge of confirming and rescheduling appointments, as well as recordkeeping practices.
- Experience in managing travel bookings and arrangements.
- Advanced ability to keep stakeholders informed of schedule changes and to answer queries.
- Ability to coordinate meetings with venue availability.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources