Product Development Engineers conceptualize and design new products and test their development. They also ensure all new products meet industry standards and functionality guidelines.
When interviewing Product Development Engineers, look for candidates who demonstrate industry-specific product development experience as well as a good working knowledge of CAD software. Be wary of candidates who lack communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Product Development Engineers:
1. How do you choose the best material for the development of a new product?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience with manufacturing processes and materials.
2. How many samples should you test in reliability testing?
Illustrates the candidate's understanding of manufacturing variability and statistics, as well as their critical thinking skills.
3. What would you do if a team member made a mistake that set back production?
Showcases the candidate's problem-solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
4. What methods do you use to perform market research to come up with new products?
Indicates the candidate's research skills and their creativity and innovation.
5. How do you ensure new products are compliant with industry standards?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of quality control protocols as well as industry guidelines for functionality and standards.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources