Personnel Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic personnel administrator to join our HR department. In this role, you'll be in charge of recruiting candidates to fill vacant positions within the company and performing personnel administration activities, such as conducting background checks and verifying candidate information.
To ensure success as a personnel administrator, you should display excellent knowledge of HR best practices and the ability to train, support, and mentor new employees. Ultimately, a top-notch personnel administrator should demonstrate strong management acumen and have an exceptional understanding of the hiring process.
Personnel Administrator Responsibilities:
- Conducting the recruiting process by interviewing candidates, performing background checks, and contacting references.
- Facilitating the onboarding process of new staff by conducting training sessions and preparing onboarding documentation.
- Maintaining detailed records of personnel files and updating relevant data, such as sick leave.
- Presenting new or updated HR policies to staff members.
- Creating monthly and annual reports on HR metrics, such as turnover rates.
- Overseeing staff performance reviews.
- Assisting the HR department with ongoing projects, such as virtual job fairs.
Personnel Administrator Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in human resources management, or a similar field.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a personnel administrator.
- Excellent knowledge of HR management and recruiting best practices.
- Effective people management skills and the ability to support, guide, and mentor new staff members.
- Proficiency using HR management software, such as BambooHR, Peakon, and Conrep.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Great communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members.