A Neonatal Nurse Practitioner is an advanced care nurse specializing in the care and treatment of newborn infants suffering from complex health issues, such as congenital abnormalities and prematurity. A Neonatal Nurse Practitioner works, often independently, in speciality practices and hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs).
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Job Description Template
We are looking for a specialized Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to join our medical team in the treatment of at-risk newborns. A Neonatal Nurse Practitioner's responsibilities include the assessment, supervision, and treatment of at-risk newborn infants, as well as the monitoring of NICU equipment.
To be a successful Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, you should have the necessary training to provide focused care to at-risk infants, a caring and compassionate nature to deal with parents and guardians, and the ability to work in a supervisory capacity.
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Serving as the primary caregiver to newborn infants in the NICU.
- Assessing, diagnosing, and carrying out procedures in the care of at-risk newborn infants.
- Designing treatment plans for infants with complex health issues.
- Prescribing medication on your own authority and with the agreement of the NICU physician.
- Educating and supporting parents and guardians in the care of their newborn infants.
- Ordering and performing medical tests and procedures, such as neonatal resuscitation.
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- A Registered Nursing Licence.
- A Master's of Science in Nursing.
- A Neonatal Nurse Practitioner's certification.
- 2 years' experience in the NICU.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and excercise good judgment.
- The authority to work as a supervisor in a highly stressful environment.
- Physical fitness to work long hours.
- The flexibility to work long shifts, often 24-hour shifts, and to remain on call.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources