Managers set the tone in a business by delegating tasks and overseeing important projects. They also make important contributions to the culture of your company.
Asking the right questions could help you find the right person for your vacant managerial positions. Below is our list of 12 common interview questions for managers.
Completely free trial, no card required.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
12 Common Interview Questions for Managers:
- How do you handle co-workers who oppose or disagree with your ideas?
- Have you ever been able to mentor someone? What were the results?
- How do you prepare for speaking in front of a group of people?
- Do you have any experience leading meetings and facilitating discussions?
- What do you find most difficult when you are managing a project?
- Are you able to delegate, or do you prefer to be involved in every task?
- Have you been a manager before? How many people did you manage?
- How would you describe your management style?
- How do you reward people for their hard work?
- What would you do when an employee makes a mistake?
- How do you evaluate the success of a team?
- What leader(s) do you look up to and try to model yourself after?
A good manager can help to motivate your employees and accomplish even more in your business. You can use these questions to help you evaluate a potential manager during the interview process.
For more interviewing tips, check out our article on common interview questions.