Financial Services Representatives are typically employed by banks and insurance companies to sell various financial products or services to clients. They arrange meetings with clients, suggest suitable financial products or services based on clients' financial goals, and ensure that clients are satisfied with their purchases.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Financial Services Representative Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced and detail-oriented Financial Services Representative to persuade clients to purchase our financial products and services. The Financial Services Representative’s responsibilities include responding to clients' inquiries in a professional manner, providing sound financial advice to clients, cross-selling our products and services where possible, and attending various training programs as required. You should also be able to follow up with clients to ensure that they are satisfied with the products or services purchased.
To be successful as a Financial Services Representative, you should be able to build rapport with clients and continually meet or exceed sales goals. Ultimately, a top-performing Financial Services Representative should be knowledgeable of financial regulations as well as demonstrate exceptional communication, analytical, and customer service skills.
Financial Services Representative Responsibilities:
- Scheduling meetings with clients to discuss their financial needs and goals.
- Collecting pertinent client information to provide investment options that align with clients' financial situations.
- Monitoring market conditions to determine how various changes may impact taxes and client investments.
- Advising clients on how to apply for mortgages and loans.
- Developing and sustaining long-term relationships with clients to encourage repeat business and client referrals.
- Cold-calling potential clients to inform them of the various financial products and services on offer.
- Suggesting viable solutions to improve clients' financial statuses.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of our financial products to advise clients accordingly.
Financial Services Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Proven experience working as a Financial Services Representative.
- Sound knowledge of financial legislation.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources