Interview Questions for Endocrinologists:
1. What process do you use when investigating and diagnosing a hormonal imbalance?
Look for candidates who demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills. Take note of candidates who only focus on providing a diagnosis without evaluating if there is a problem.
2. What kind of treatment plan, including medication and therapy, would you recommend for a patient with hypothyroidism?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of hormonal disorders and the treatment needed for them.
3. How would you provide and manage long-term treatment for a patient with a complex hormonal disorder?
Demonstrates candidate's attention to detail as well as interpersonal, organizational, and management skills.
4. How would you respond to a problem when monitoring a patient's progress or information?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving skills.
5. What do you think is the key to success when dealing with the families coping with the loss of your patient?
Look for candidates who demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, as well as empathy.