Embroidery Machine Operators work with industrial machines to complete embroidery projects. They sew logos, initials, and other designs onto a range of fabrics and may also perform maintenance duties and provide creative input.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Embroidery Machine Operator Job Description Template
We are searching for a highly skilled and reliable Embroidery Machine Operator to join our company. The Embroidery Machine Operator’s responsibilities include setting up embroidery machines, selecting pertinent tools and materials, troubleshooting equipment, and ensuring that all projects are completed to clients' specifications. You will also be expected to carry out regular maintenance duties and provide creative advice.
To be successful as an Embroidery Machine Operator, you should have a good eye for detail and the ability to keep track of multiple work orders. Outstanding candidates will possess both analytical and artistic skills.
Embroidery Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Analyzing and understanding project specifications and clients’ needs before starting each embroidery project.
- Selecting the thread, fabric, hoops, and designs appropriate to each project.
- Setting up machines and supervising the embroidery process.
- Carefully reading instructional manuals to ensure smooth troubleshooting and repair processes.
- Performing regular machine and inventory inspections and reporting any issues or reordering stock as required.
- Providing suggestions regarding the design, placement, and fabric and thread selection.
- Drawing guides or pinning tissue paper patterns onto fabric.
- Providing training and guidance to new staff.
- Keeping track of work orders and updating records.
- Communicating with clients and ensuring that all orders are sent out in a timely manner.
Embroidery Machine Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Completion of a course in Design or similar would be advantageous.
- Experience as an Embroidery Machine Operator or similar.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- The ability to read and understand instructional manuals.
- Excellent administrative abilities and attention to detail.
- Great customer service and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources