Also called data entry clerks, data entry operators collate, organize, and capture data into digital databases for a variety of companies and industries. They gather and organize documents for processing, verify the document information for accuracy and inconsistencies, and update digital databases and archives.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Data Entry OperatorJob Description Template
We are seeking a detail-oriented data entry operator to compile, capture, and maintain our digital database. As a data entry operator, you will be required to compile, merge, and format documents for data entry, check documents for errors, input data and update the database, and manage the digital filing systems.
To be a successful data entry operator, you should possess excellent typing skills and be attentive to detail. Skilled data entry operators should be able to quickly identify data errors and demonstrate precision in their work.
Data Entry Operator Responsibilities:
- Gathering, collating, and preparing documents, materials, and information for data entry.
- Conducting research to obtain information for incomplete documents and materials.
- Creating digital documents from paper or dictation.
- Reviewing all documents and information for accuracy and informing the supervisor of any errors or inconsistencies.
- Capturing data into digital databases and performing regular backups.
- Updating and maintaining databases, archives, and filing systems.
- Monitoring and reviewing databases and correcting errors or inconsistencies.
- Generating and exporting data reports, spreadsheets, and documents as needed.
- Performing clerical duties such as filing, monitoring office supplies, scanning, and printing as needed.
Data Entry Operator Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year's experience as a data entry operator or similar.
- Excellent typing abilities.
- Excellent time management and multitasking abilities.
- Proficiency in data capturing and office management software such as MS Office and Google Suite.
- The ability to manage and process high volumes of data accurately.
- Good understanding of databases and digital and paper filing systems.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical operations.
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources