Also known as Heart Surgeons, Cardiovascular Surgeons perform various treatments on the heart. The roles and duties of Cardiovascular Surgeons include performing heart transplants, heart surgeries, and fixing heart defects.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Cardiovascular Surgeon Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Cardiovascular Surgeon to be responsible for performing heart treatments. The responsibilities of Cardiovascular Surgeons include inserting pacemakers, performing bypass surgeries, and surgeries on various arteries.
To be successful as a Cardiovascular Surgeon, you should have extensive experience, be able to remain calm while under pressure, and be able to improvise. Ultimately, a top-notch Cardiovascular Surgeon should be able to work long hours and communicate effectively with patients.
Cardiovascular Surgeon Responsibilities:
- Examining patients that suffer from heart issues.
- Making diagnoses.
- Determining treatments and surgical procedures.
- Performing surgical procedures to correct, improve, and remove heart problems.
- Advising on lifestyle changes post surgery.
Cardiovascular Surgeon Requirements:
- Medical Degree.
- At least a 5-year surgery residency.
- License to practice in your state.
- Stable work history as a Cardiovascular Surgeon.
- Good communications skills.
- The ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources