Interview Questions for Asphalt Laborers:
1. What would you say is the most important function of an asphalt laborer?
Demonstrates the extent of the candidate’s knowledge of the role and its key duties.
2. What would you do if you noticed a section of the road that was overlooked or not sealed properly?
Highlights the candidate’s ability to spot mistakes and take appropriate action.
3. How would you deal with a team member that is not following required safety precautions?
Demonstrates how the candidate deals with a stressful situation and their willingness to report to management.
4. What would you do if you were asked to direct traffic for an extended period?
Demonstrates the candidate’s willingness to complete all aspects of the job description.
5. Why is it important to clean all materials and machines before and after each day of work?
Demonstrates the candidate’s understanding of road machines and their attention to cleanliness.