Asphalt Laborers assist with the construction of roads, pavements, and parking lots. They fulfill a multitude of roles on the job site including sweeping the deck, directing traffic, measuring the line, preparing the pavement saw, and working between the mill.
When interviewing an Asphalt Laborer, the most suitable candidate will possess a high level of alertness, clear communication skills, and have sound knowledge of the road construction process. Be wary of candidates with poor physical health and anyone not able to work long hours in harsh weather conditions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Asphalt Laborers:
1. What would you say is the most important function of an Asphalt Laborer?
Demonstrates the extent of the candidate’s knowledge of the role and its key duties.
2. What would you do if you noticed a section of road that was overlooked or not sealed properly?
Highlights the candidate’s ability to spot mistakes and take appropriate action.
3. How would you deal with a team member that is not following required safety precautions?
Demonstrates how the candidate deals with a stressful situation and their willingness to report to management.
4. What would you do if you were asked to direct traffic for an extended period?
Demonstrates the candidate’s willingness to complete all aspects of the job description.
5. Why is it important to clean all materials and machines before and after each day of work?
Demonstrates the candidate’s understanding of road machines and their attention to cleanliness.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources