VMware Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-driven VMware engineer to optimize our company's VMware network. You will be deploying VMware applications in physical and virtual environments, integrating multiple virtual servers on a single host machine, and providing VMware support.
To ensure success as a VMware engineer, you should exhibit sound knowledge of VMware ESX and related technologies, and experience in a similar role. An accomplished VMware engineer will be someone whose expertise results in the successful integration of VMware products across multiple data centers.
VMware Engineer Responsibilities:
- Determining business needs and evaluating existing network infrastructure and systems.
- Optimizing network hardware and software to enable VMware integration.
- Developing and deploying customized VMware solutions.
- Defining multiple virtual servers on a single host machine.
- Virtualizing Windows servers and connecting them to networks and clouds.
- Designing and implementing virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enabling template management.
- Installing operating systems and service packs, as well as security patches and bug fixes.
- Troubleshooting and resolving VMware environment issues.
- Providing technical support and documenting VMware processes.
- Keeping informed of developments in VMware technologies and products.
VMware Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, computer programming, or similar.
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a VMware engineer.
- Proficiency in VMware associated programs and coding languages, such as Windows Server, MS IIS, SAN architecture, WebSphere, Citrix, Python, and C++.
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of VMware ESX and related technologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude.
- Great organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent VMware environment problems outside of business hours.