VMware engineers are IT professionals who use software from VMware to virtualize Windows servers and connect them to networks and clouds. They design and implement VMwre solutions, troubleshoot VM environment problems, and provide technical support.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
VMware Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-driven VMware engineer to optimize our company's VMware network. You will be deploying VMware applications in physical and virtual environments, integrating multiple virtual servers on a single host machine, and providing VMware support.
To ensure success as a VMware engineer, you should exhibit sound knowledge of VMware ESX and related technologies, and experience in a similar role. An accomplished VMware engineer will be someone whose expertise results in the successful integration of VMware products across multiple data centers.
VMware Engineer Responsibilities:
- Determining business needs and evaluating existing network infrastructure and systems.
- Optimizing network hardware and software to enable VMware integration.
- Developing and deploying customized VMware solutions.
- Defining multiple virtual servers on a single host machine.
- Virtualizing Windows servers and connecting them to networks and clouds.
- Designing and implementing virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enabling template management.
- Installing operating systems and service packs, as well as security patches and bug fixes.
- Troubleshooting and resolving VMware environment issues.
- Providing technical support and documenting VMware processes.
- Keeping informed of developments in VMware technologies and products.
VMware Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, computer programming, or similar.
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a VMware engineer.
- Proficiency in VMware associated programs and coding languages, such as Windows Server, MS IIS, SAN architecture, WebSphere, Citrix, Python, and C++.
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of VMware ESX and related technologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude.
- Great organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent VMware environment problems outside of business hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources