Gastroenterologists are medical practitioners who specialize in treating conditions of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. Diseases treated by Gastroenterologists typically include colon polyps, pancreatitis, peptic ulcer disease, nutritional problems, colitis, hepatitis, and gallbladder disease.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Gastroenterologist Job Description Template
We are looking for specialized candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position of Gastroenterologist. Gastroenterologist duties include consulting and diagnosing patients, inspecting internal organs through endoscopic procedures, and consulting with patients' primary physicians, among other duties. They are highly skilled specialists with a comprehensive understanding of all gastroenterological conditions and treatment options.
Gastroenterologists should demonstrate good interpersonal skills as they will be required to attend to patient needs and consult with other specialists.
- Consulting with patients to understand their health concerns.
- Performing specialized tests to diagnose patients.
- Determining proper courses of treatment.
- Consulting with a patient's primary doctor.
- Analyzing patient historical data.
- Consulting with other specialists, such as oncologists, in the case of cancer.
- Performing endoscopic procedures to inspect internal organs.
- Performing X-Ray, MRI, and ultrasound scanning.
- Performing surgery in the digestive tract.
- Medical degree.
- Completion of a three-year internal residency.
- Completion of a three-year Gastroenterology fellowship.
- Attainment of certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Proficiency in performing endoscopic and colonoscopy procedures.
- Proficiency with X-Rays, MRIs, and ultrasound scanning.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources