Economist Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly analytical problem solvers with a financial background for the position of Economist. Economists are responsible for analyzing market trends, advising businesses and governments on economic decisions, and developing econometric models for forecasting, among other duties.
Economists will need to distill complex economic data to non-technical audiences, requiring excellent communicative ability.
- Collecting and analyzing financial, political, and socioeconomic data.
- Conducting surveys and utilizing various sampling techniques.
- Researching various fields including politics, healthcare, education, energy, etc.
- Making use of historical data.
- Analyzing market trends.
- Advising businesses and governments on economic decisions.
- Consulting clients on the efficacy of political policies, products, or services.
- Studying the economic impact of laws and regulations.
- Developing statistical and econometric models for economic forecasting.
- Communicating data in the form of presentations, technical reports, and non-technical reports.
- Contributing to publications or economic journals.
- Partaking in think tanks.
- Communicating economic data in accessible ways.
- Master's degree in economics.
- PhD is advantageous.
- Bachelor's degree sufficient for certain entry-level jobs in government.
- Experience in an analytical role.
- Quantitative aptitude.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.