Also known as Technical Communicators, Technical Writers create articles and guides to explain technical concepts in a way that is easier for end-users to understand.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Technical Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for a technical-minded writer to create guides and articles for end-users in a way that is informative but easy to understand. The Technical Writer's responsibilities include researching terminology and building a glossary, creating digital and hard copy materials, and working with various departments to gauge their content needs.
To be successful as a Technical Writer you must have excellent written communication skills as well as a sound understanding of the content you will write about.
Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Research technical terminology and concepts.
- Adhere to the company's style guide.
- Edit outdated or inaccurate articles.
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
Technical Writer Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in English, Communication or another relevant field.
- Prior experience as a technical writer.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources