Technical Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for a technical-minded writer to create guides and articles for end-users in a way that is informative but easy to understand. The technical writer's responsibilities include researching terminology and building a glossary, creating digital and hard copy materials, and working with various departments to gauge their content needs.
To be successful as a technical writer you must have excellent written communication skills as well as a sound understanding of the content you will write about.
Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Research technical terminology and concepts.
- Adhere to the company's style guide.
- Edit outdated or inaccurate articles.
- Keep abreast of industry changes.
Technical Writer Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in English, communication or another relevant field.
- Prior experience as a technical writer.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.