1 Job Slot - 1 Month
1 Job Slot - 2 Months
1 Job Slot - 3 Months
3+ Job Slots
Contact for quote.
Founded in 2007, Local Eye Site boasts a network of some 100,000 job seekers and offers employers a range of features to help streamline the recruitment process, including job syndication, targeted email blasts, and candidate assessments.
The site is a prominent hiring platform for the optometry industry; however, it is one of the most costly job posting services and may not be suited to employers on a tight budget.
- Local Eye Site is a niche job board that gives employers access to a specialized pool of eye care professionals.
- Job posts are shared to Local Eye Site's "Power Network" of eye care-specific industry publications and association websites.
- The "Connect2Hire" email blast distributes job posts via targeted emails to both active and passive job seekers.
- Local Eye Site boasts a job seeker audience of over 100,000 eye care professionals.
- Employers can swap a job post with another one if the role is filled during their active subscription.
- The platform features an integrated applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Local Eye Site will screen and assess candidates before matching them with employers.
- The platform lists job ads for up to three months.
- The job posting process is quick and easy.
- The platform does not share job posts to its social media channels.
- There is no free job posting option.
- The platform is costlier than competitors, such as Eyes on Eyecare.
While Local Eye Site is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau, it does have an A+ rating on the website; although one customer review cited refund issues. However, the company does boast a number of testimonials from satisfied customers on its website.
How to Post a Job on Local Eye Site:
Six easy steps for posting a job on Local Eye Site.
Posting a job on Local Eye Site.
Navigate to the Local Eye Site home page.
From the home page, click on post a job in the top-right corner of the page.
Create an account.
On the next page, create your employer account by filling out the online form with your details. Once complete, click on "Next Step" toward the bottom of the page.
Choose a pricing plan.
On the next page, select a job slot package by checking the relevant corresponding box. Then, click on "NEXT STEP."
Select an optional email blast.
Local Eye Site allows employers to send an email blast to thousands of eye care job seekers.
Select the job category from the drop-down menu.
Ensure that the "e-Blast" option is selected.
If you don't want the email blast, check the "No" option.
Select the number of times you would like your job emailed to candidates from the drop-down menu.
Click on "NEXT STEP" toward the bottom of the page.
Choose the optional candidate assessment.
On the next page, specify whether you would like to include candidate assessments by checking the relevant boxes. Then, click on "NEXT STEP."
Review your order and purchase your job slot.
Ensure that your order is correct and enter your billing details before clicking on "Place Order" toward the bottom of the page.
If you have a coupon code, you can redeem it on this page.
Once the payment has been processed, your job post will appear on the Local Eye Site job board.
Local Eye Site vs. Eyes On Eyecare:
Both Eyes on Eyecare and Local Eye Site are niche job boards that give employers access to a similar-sized audience of eye care professionals. Both platforms feature job post syndication to their respective networks and an applicant tracking system, but Eyes On Eyecare is the more affordable option, with pricing starting from $249.00 per month.
Local Eye Site vs. AOAExcel Career Center:
AOAExcel Career Center is the official job board for the American Optometric Association. Both platforms are similarly priced, with AOAExcel Career Center charging nonmembers $365.00 for a 45-day job posting, while Local Eye Site costs $349.00 for a 30-day job ad. AOAExcel Career Center offers a "Feature Job" option, which Local Eye Site lacks.
Local Eye Site vs. Berkeley School of Optometry:
The Berkeley School of Optometry features a free job posting service. In contrast, Local Eye Site charges $365.00 for a job ad, making the former the more affordable option for employers on a tight budget. Although the Berkeley School of Optometry targets a specialized audience, Local Eye Site offers better exposure through their "Power Network."
What is Local Eye Site?
Local Eye Site is an optometry job board that employers can use to post vacancies and connect with eye care and optometry professionals throughout North America.
What does it cost to post a job on Local Eye Site?
Local Eye Site's pricing starts from $349.00 for a 1-month job slot. The platform also offers plans for longer periods of time.
How do I create an account on Local Eye Site?
- Go to the Local Eye Site home page.
- Click on "Log In" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click o "EMPLOYER SIGNUP."
- Enter your details and click on "Next Step."
- Your account will be created and Local Eye Site will redirect you to the job posting form.