ELT Developers are Information Technology specialists who design and fill data warehousing systems for business clients. They analyze the data storage needs of a company, design the warehouse architecture, extract company data, and fill the warehousing environment with the extracted data.
When interviewing ELT Developers, the most suitable candidate will have extensive knowledge of coding languages, data warehouse techniques, and proven experience in developing management systems. Be wary of candidates who cannot see the big picture of a company’s data storage needs or clearly communicate their vision to the client.
Interview Questions for ETL Developers:
1. What tools do you use in the ETL process?
Indicates the extent of the candidate’s knowledge of ETL and coding software.
2. What information do you gather from a company before you start the ETL process?
Shows the candidate’s ability to transform information into a storage concept.
3. What do you think is the most important part of the ETL process?
Highlights areas where the candidate will apply focus in a new project.
4. What has been your most successful ETL job and why?
Indicates the candidate’s highest level of work experience.
5. How do you manage your time and resources when working on a project?
Displays the techniques and tools used by the candidate to complete a project.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources