Also known as Business Development Directors, Directors of Business Development identify, evaluate, and develop new business opportunities to enable companies to remain competitive. They direct marketing efforts, manage existing partnerships, and research emerging trends.
When interviewing Directors of Business Development, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, attention to detail, and excellent leadership skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Directors of Business Development:
1. What are the advantages of working toward targets?
Demonstrates the candidate's analytical skills, business know-all, and experience.
2. How would you go about securing a strategic partnership?
Reveals the candidate's persuasiveness as well as communication and negotiation skills.
3. What would you do if company executives had conflicting opinions regarding a new business opportunity?
Highlights the candidate's communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
4. Why is it important that Directors of Business Development understand consumer buying patterns?
Shows the candidate's industry knowledge, analytical skills, and experience.
5. How would you differentiate between business development and sales?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and analytical skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources